You can easily improve your students' reading skills by playing reading games and phonics games. Reading activities are simple to use and they are very engaging. Robot Reader gives children the core skills they need to be confident and successful readers. You can create professional reading games with the click of a button! The kids will love them! The Rainbow Reading Games E-books are Adobe PDF files. To see them, you will need to have the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. To learn more, click HERE!
A non-native English speaker Robby Kukurs has worked out fluency and confidence maintenance system based on his own experience. The goal of his e-book English Harmony is to help non-native English speakers change their whole attitude on life and the way they perceive things when they speak English. To learn more, click HERE...
Everyday Survival Kit for English Learners has been designed so that students can learn to talk really FAST. They will learn to speak by using a simple method.
This simple, easy-to-use, step-by-step guide will help you easily write and deliver a great eulogy - to honour a special person's memory. If you have no time to lose, or are really stuck, create a personal, meaningful eulogy in just 30 minutes using the print-off-and-fill-in-the blanks templates, designed specially for this purpose.
Dreaming of succesfully hunting and sighting ghosts is one thing. Taking the steps to actually live that dream is another. You have your own reasons for wanting to search out ghosts and spirits. Perhaps you want to learn more about life after death. Perhaps you'd like to experience the thrill of your first paranormal encounter. Maybe you'd like to establish your own paranormal research or ghost hunting group to investigate purported hauntings in your area. Perhaps you're simply looking for a bit of extra excitement in your life. Or maybe you'd like to enjoy one or more of these benefits while helping others to better understand and deal with strange paranormal events that may be going on around them. Whatever your reasons, they're what make your situation and approach unique, and why you need real answers. You will get the tools and information necessary to help you find the best hauntings and the houses, graveyards, structures, roads and sites most likely to display ghost and spirit activity. To learn MORE about ghosts, spirits and ghost hunting, CLICK HERE.
English Textbooks What we become depends on what we read after all the professors have finished with us. The greatest university of all is the collection of books. - Thomas Carlyle How to Select a Suitable Textbook for the ESL Classroom The issue of how to apply textbooks in ESL classroom has long been debated among professionals worldwide. Today, even with the development of new computer technologies which provide opportunities to create excellent materials, demand for high quality textbooks continues to grow.
A textbook can be used for many different purposes: 1. Fundamental teaching tool 2. Supplementary tool 3. Motivation tool 4. For classroom activities only 5. For self-study 6. As a syllabus or course outline 7. For other purposes There are numerous approaches to textbook selection, however, most ESL teachers face a lack of time and information on the matter and many available checklists for textbook selection are too lengthy and too much time-consuming to be realistic. Decisions related to textbook selection usually affect teachers, students, parents and the overall classroom dynamic. It is probably one of the most challenging decisions facing ESL teachers, ESL program coordinators and ESL school principals. A systematic and clear-cut process for choosing ESL textbooks is to analyze the options consistent with program needs, starting from objectives, specific exercises, activities, and finishing with such practical issues as availability and cost. The following guidelines may be used to assist ESL program coordinators and teachers who need to decide which textbooks may be most appropriate for their classes. Clear answers must be given to the following questions: 1. Does the textbook support the objectives of the course? 2. Are the layout, design, and organization suitable for the learners? 3. Is the textbook suitable for a particular age of the students? 4. Is the textbook suitable for a particular cultural background? 5. Are there offensive materials in the textbook? 6. Are tasks and instructions written clearly? 7. Are the exercises and activities related to the text and reflect the students’ level? 8. Are the grammar rules and exercises related to the texts? 9. Are the texts presented in increasing order of difficulty? 10. Are there any task-based activities in the textbook that develop critical thinking skills? 11. Does the textbook contain appealing and colourful illustrations, such as pictures, diagrams and tables? 12. Are there any supplementary audio-visual materials? 13. Is there a suitable and correct answer key to the tests and exercises? 14. Is the teacher’s manual concise and will be clear for the teacher? 15. Will it be possible to buy the textbook before the semester starts? 16. Is the price suitable? 17. Can the textbook be ordered online at a reasonable / wholesale price? 18. Can the textbook be securely purchased online by using a credit card and be downloaded as an e-textbook?
Choosing the best textbook for ESL teaching can be a devastating procedure. It is often difficult not only to establish the right language level (beginning, intermediate or advanced). Different educational backgrounds, levels and language learning capabilities can also cause difficulties. There is also such a practical issue as the price. Availability of the textbook and the price are often the determining factors in textbook selection.
ESL Textbooks and Handbooks 1. A Practical English Grammar Thomson, A J & Martinet, A V. Oxford University Press. 1986. Paperback. Intermediate. ISBN 0194313425
2. Advanced Grammar in Use Hewings, Martin. Cambridge University Press. 1999. Book + Answers. Upper-Intermediate to Advanced. ISBN 0521498686
3. Advanced Language Practice Vince, M. Macmillan Heinemann ELT. 1994. Students Book + Key. ISBN 0435241249
4. Discussions that Work Ur, P. Cambridge University Press. 1981. Paperback. ISBN 0521281695
5. Elementary Communication Games Hadfield, Jill. Longman. 1984. Book. Elementary. ISBN 0175556954
6. ELT Manager's Handbook Impey, Graham & Underhill, Nic. Macmillan Heinemann ELT. 1994. Book. ISBN 0435240900
7. Five-minute Activities Ur, P & Wright, A. Cambridge University Press. 1992. Paperback. ISBN 0521397812
8. Grammar for English Language Teachers with Exercises and Key. Martin Parrott. Cambridge University Press. 2000. Paperback. ISBN 0521477972
9. Grammar Games Rinvolucri, M. Cambridge University Press. 1985. Paperback. All levels. ISBN 0521277736
10. How to Teach English Harmer, Jeremy. Longman. 1998. Book. ISBN 0582297966
11. Ideas and Issues Advanced Chancerel. 2000. Book. ISBN 1899888446
12. Inside Teaching Bowen, T & Marks, J. Macmillan Heinemann ELT. 1994. Book. ISBN 0435240889
13. Intermediate Communication Games Hadfield, Jill. Longman. 1990. Book. Intermediate. ISBN 0175558728
14. Keep Talking Klippel, F. Cambridge University Press. 1985. Paperback. ISBN 0521278716
15. Learning Teaching Scrivener, J. Macmillan Heinemann ELT. 1994. Book. ISBN 0435240897
16. Listen Here! West, C &. Georgian Press. 1999. Book + Key. Intermediate. ISBN 1873630220
17. Practical English Usage Swan, M. Oxford University Press. 1995. Paperback. ISBN 019431197X
18. Practice of English Language Teaching 2nd Edition. Harmer, Jeremy. Longman. 2001. Paperback. ISBN 0582403855
19. Ship Or Sheep? Baker, A. Cambridge University Press. 1981. Students Book. Intermediate. ISBN 052128354X
This website is free. No registration or login is required. Your assistance is needed. Please donate to improve this website. ESL DRIVE BLOG
Materials on this website are published for research and educational purposes and information is presented as accurately as possible. ESL DRIVE is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites. Disclaimer.