There are many types of interviews: competency-focused, panel, behavioral, biographical, generally structured, stress interview, critical incidents interview, group interview, pre-arranged or ad-hoc telephone interview. A prestigious institution seeking to fill a well-paid ESL position usually receives thousands of applications and interviews many applicants.
Career Opportunities When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us. - Helen Keller
Career Opportunities for Teachers with ESL Qualifications What else can you do, apart from teaching English in school?
There are many excellent career opportunities for those who have English language teaching qualifications: 1. Proofreader or Editor Become an editor and a proofreader. Work from home. Edit or proofread textbooks, journal articles, research papers, dissertations, newsletters, brochures, e-books, advertisements, speeches, etc.
2. Au Pair Become an Au Pair or a family teacher. Enjoy living overseas. Opportunities for young people.
3. Online Secretary Start an online home-based secretarial service business. Work from home online.
4. Jobs Skills Instructor Teach job skills. Many recruitment agencies, refugee and migration services require lecturers and trainers - to train those who are looking for jobs.
5. Home Tutor Become a home tutor, earn good money. Either you go to somebody’s home, or somebody comes to your home - whichever is more convenient to you.
7. Online Reseller Resell online. You can resell if you buy resale rights to products to resell online, and you do not need to create your own product. Earn passive income.
8. Interpreter Become an interpreter if you know two or more languages. There are a lot of opportunities for interpreters. You can become a telephone interpreter and work from home or you can work for a company, agency or organization and meet people.
9. School Owner Start your own English language teaching school and become your own boss.
10. Travel Writer Travel and write books, brochures, e-books, articles for newspapers or magazines and get paid good money.
11. Publisher Publish and sell books, e-books and e-textbooks for English as a foreign language learners. Work from home.
12. Vessel Lecturer Work on a cruise ship as a lecturer and earn good money. A cruise ship is an autonomous floating community that supplies services for up to three thousand passengers.
13. E-commerce Create your e-commerce website and sell products online. Work from home, get net profit.
14. Teacher-Traveller Travel, teach English, earn money and learn a foreign language in a foreign country for free. Excellent career opportunities for English teachers.
15. Franchisee Become a franchisee. To buy a safe business, you must study everything about buying a business.
16. E-book Writer Write e-books and online articles. Work online, from home.
17. ESL/EFL Recruiter Become a recruiter in a recruiting agency or have your own recruiting business.
18. Journalist or Movie Maker Become a freelance journalist or a movie-maker. Create your own movies.
This website is free. No registration or login is required. Your assistance is needed. Please donate to improve this website. ESL DRIVE BLOG
Materials on this website are published for research and educational purposes and information is presented as accurately as possible. ESL DRIVE is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites. Disclaimer.