It is a new software trading tool that helps identify trading opportunities through the use of Artificial Intelligence and brute force mathematics. What used to take days of time consuming mathematical calculations through an Excel spreadsheet is now done in a matter of seconds. To download & install, click HERE...
Exam test prep program includes hundreds of sample test prep questions in both the ISEE test and SSAT test formats. Your students will have more than enough practice in all aspects of the exams. To learn more, click HERE...
Printable Math Board Games
Printable math board games to make math practice fun are now available. Math games for school or homeschool education. It is a great math resource for teachers and parents. Perfect for students to use at school or at home to practice basic math skills. To download, click HERE...
What is GMAT
GMAT is Graduate Management Admission Test. It is a standardized, computer adaptive test (CAT). It determines abilities and skills to succeed academically in order to achieve a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) degree. Many business schools worldwide use this test as a standardized way of assessing candidates from different backgrounds and with different grading systems. The test is administered in English. To learn more, click HERE...
Ancient math secrets turn even math phobics into number wizards who can calculate effortlessly in their heads faster than most adults can with a calculator. To learn more, click HERE...
Foundation programs are designed for those students who need to acquire skills at a bachelor degree level. The courses in such programs are designed to meet students' practical communicative needs in an academic environment. One of the most important academic needs is mathematics. In this course students improve their mathematics skills at an intermediate level. The module Mathematics 2 (F2-M2) is a continuation of the module Mathematics 1 (F1-M1).
FOUNDATION 2 (Semester 2)
Mathematics 2 Module Code: F2-M-2 Credit Points: 5 Prerequisites: (1) Foundation 1 (F1-M-1) final examination and continuous assessment result: 51 points or higher. (2) Placement test result: 61 points or higher.
The module aims to enable students to
(1) apply trigonometric identities; (2) demonstrate an understanding of functions and graphs; (3) use summary statistical measures for ungrouped data; (4) compute probabilities of simple events.
Unit 1. Trigonometry
Relationship between degree and radian-length of a circular arc-area of a sector; trigonometric and circular functions; fundamental trigonometric identities; law of sines and cosines.
Unit 2. Functions and Graphs
Exponential and logarithmic functions; solution of problems using the relationship between them; graphs of functions.
Unit 3. Statistics
Mean, median, and mode for ungrouped data; summarizing data into tables – simple charts; probability of simple events.
Unit 4. Probability
Basic probability concepts – simple events – computation of the probability of a simple event.
On completion of this module the student will be able to
(1) apply trigonometric identities; (2) represent data and calculate summary measures; (3) describe simple events and compute their probabilities; (4) define and use functions.
The module is evaluated for a total of 100 marks on in-semester coursework.
Teaching Tools and Learning Resources
Introductory Algebra, by Lial, Hornsby, and McGinnis. Lecture and tutorial notes and online resources.
Regulations and Requirements of the Course
Each student must fulfill the following requirements of the course:
(1) Take part in computer based activities on various topics by responding to a variety of questions and report to his/her tutor. Class participation is assessed.
(2) Use the learning tools and the Internet materials which are recommended by your tutor.
(3) Self-study (approximately 4 hours per week) includes searching for information, selecting relevant information and preparing PowerPoint presentations. Self-study also includes completion of all assignments given by tutors.
(4) Attend all classes regularly. If a student misses more than two classes without a valid reason she/he will not be allowed to continue the course without a special permission from the tutor.
(5) Attend all examinations and/or tests. Cheating at examinations is not tolerated and students who are caught cheating will be automatically considered as having failed themselves.
(6) Students are not allowed to walk around or chat loudly with each other during a lesson without a teacher’s permission. If a student ignores the teacher’s remarks, uses offensive words or offensive body language, insults other students and the teacher, behaves in an arrogant manner or in any other inappropriate manner, is late for classes, leaves the classroom early without the teacher’s permission, the student will be sanctioned or disciplined in accordance with college regulations, including expulsion from the College. Expulsion implies that the student should not consider the College for further education.
(7) Students are expected to comply with the college-wide requirements for academic integrity. The College is committed to academic integrity—the honest, fair, and continuing pursuit of knowledge, free from fraud or deception. This implies that students are expected to be responsible for their own work. Presenting another individual’s work as one’s own and receiving excessive help from another individual will qualify as a violation of academic integrity. Plagiarism is cheating. In this course, using another person’s words or ideas as your own without giving credit, producing a memorized piece (either your own or someone else’s), or having someone do any portion of your work is cheating. You are expected to complete your own, original work by using your own words.
(8) The Course Outline is the main document of the course and the topics which are written in the Course Outline are covered in class every week. The duty of each student is to conduct Internet research, study the handouts, complete all assignments on time and prepare for examinations and tests. The Course Outline is handed in to each student during the first week of the semester.
(9) Any additional questions or suggestions related to the above can be answered or discussed personally by your tutor either during office hours or by email. Each student who approaches the teacher by email must write his/her student number, name and the class number on the subject. Anonymous emails will not be replied.
The GMAT measures verbal, mathematical, and analytical writing skills that you have developed in your education and work. The test consists of two essays, a multiple choice quantitative section, and a multiple choice verbal section. To learn more, click HERE...
The ASVAB is a three hour timed test that covers nine subjects: arithmetic reasoning, mathematics knowledge, paragraph comprehension, word knowledge, general science, mechanical comprehension, auto & shop, electronics information and assembling objects. To get immediate access to the ASVAB Guide, click HERE...
Discover the simple way to raise your kid a millionnaire. Get step-by-step age specific kids and money lessons. You'll have a wealth of step-by-step lessons, tools, resources and expert advice right at your fingertips. To learn more, click HERE...
Net Space Profits is a training center, software, and a unique suite of tools where businesses pay you every month and you have a very steady and reliable income. To learn more, click HERE...
Sudoku puzzles are available now. They can build your kids' confidence. The puzzles are made specially for kids from 6 years and up. They are graded, and they are available by instant download for you to print. To download and print, click HERE...
RELIABLE ENGLISH TEACHING, LEARNING AND RESEARCH RESOURCES
This website is free. No registration or login is required. Your assistance is needed. Please donate to improve this website. ESL DRIVE BLOG
Materials on this website are published for research and educational purposes and information is presented as accurately as possible. ESL DRIVE is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites. Disclaimer.